This month we wanted to talk to you about People as part of our 3 P guide to choosing the best contract cleaner for your business.
The first thing to consider is are your contractor’s staff Happy?
A recent study by economists at the University of Warwick found that happiness led to a 12% spike in productivity, while unhappy workers proved 10% less productive. As the research team put it, “We find that human happiness has large and positive causal effects on productivity. Positive emotions appear to invigorate human beings.” How can you tell if your potential contractor’s staff are happy?
Here are 3 questions you could ask as part of due diligence
- What is staff turnover? If people are happy they stay.
- What is the payment policy? Money isn’t everything but do staff feel appropriately valued? Does the company sign up to the Living Wage?
- Does the contractor invest in their staff with regular Health and Safety and Product training?
The reputation of the service provider rests in the hands of their staff. They must be appropriately trained, well-motivated and have the right attitude. All employees who have contact with customers should be well-suited to the role and contented people will deliver excellent service. Likewise, happy customers are excellent advocates for business.
At 3Way, we recognise that everyone who meets staff who deliver a service make a judgement, positive or negative, and that affects customer satisfaction.
So how does this translate specifically into a professional contract cleaning service we can deliver to you?
- Our staff stay. We have a staff turnover rate of 1.5-2.5%. (according to Cleaning Matters website some statistics showing as high as 70% annual turnover of staff within the industry)
- We comprehensively train our people so they are fully conversant with cleaning specialist environments in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation.
- We are an Investors In People Company and believe that investing in our staff is a very effective assurance of quality service to our customers.
- All our staff are paid the living wage rate of pay thus improving the take home wage of our staff over and above many of our competitors.
- We believe that the key elements of training, investing in people and securing a fair wage ensures we have motivated staff who will deliver a superior service to you our customer and keeps people at the centre of our business.
Why not give us a call on 01375371986 to for more information on our 3P guide or to discuss how we can put our trusted and trained people into a contract cleaning service for you.